GREEN INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (GIRD)
is a non-profit Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) registered under
the Societies Registration Act (Act No. XXI of 1860)
Established in 1996 by a few social and environmental activists
to work for the protection of environment and
promotion of environment-friendly products and practices.
The founders of GIRD were aware that to sustain the participation of the people in and to give meaning to environmental protection programmes, the NGO should also engage with socio-economic problems of the disadvantaged sections of the people, particularly with regard to education, health and nutrition, housing, sanitation and economic empowerment. Therefore, GIRD also undertakes various human resources development programmes in different parts of the country.
GIRD has been able receive encouraging recognition, approval and support from various governmental agencies and academic and research institutions for the action and campaign programmes undertaken by it in the past years.
We acknowledge the support and assistance extended by:
• Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India
• Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Government of India
• Department of Science & Technology, Government of India
• Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
• Oil and Natural Gas Commission (ONGC)
• Department of Environment, Government of N.C.T of Delhi
• Delhi Pollution Control Committee
• Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO)
• School of Environmental Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University
• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi)
• Delhi Technological University (formerly Delhi College of Engineering)
• Jamia Millia Islamia